Monday, March 8, 2010

I love Curry - Curry Shrimpy Style

I received this receipt from Caveman Food Blog



This was very yummy to me and smelt great cooking, but then I love curry. It was easy to make, most time consuming thing was chopping up the onion, elery and sweet potatoes. So pretty fast and really easy.

copious amounts of coconut oil (I used about 3 T)


half a large onion ( I used a whole onion, but I cant get enough of onion)

2 tiny sweet potatoes

1 stalk of celery

a can of coconut milk

a small jar of green curry paste

1/2 cup frozen peas ( I used about 1 ½ cups)

huge handful of baby spinach ( I probably used about 3 handfuls)

1 lb shrimp ( I used the whole bag of Kroger salad shrimp)



I heated the coconut oil in a big skillet (I used a pot since this seemed to already be a lot of stuff) and set the onions, sweet potatoes and celery to browning. Then I added the curry paste and let it fry for a minute until it got fragrant (umm it smelt so good), followed by the can of coconut milk, and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Then I stirred in the peas and spinach until the spinach started to wilt, followed by the shrimp. Watched it like a hawk and removed it from the heat just when the shrimp turned pink. Done!

I plan on having leftovers for lunch today. We will see how it re-heats.

2 comments:

  1. uuummmmmmmm YYYUUUUMMMMMM!!!!!! and those blueberry muffins look scrumsious too. need to try those out

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was me who posted that comment above

    ReplyDelete