Sunday, February 14, 2010

Paleo Blueberry Coconut Muffins


I received this recipe from CrossFit Santa Cruz Central. These tasted pretty good to me, but the texture was a little different than a muffin. It was more of an airy quiche then a muffin. But they did taste well.


Paleo Blueberry Coconut Muffins

Recipe:
1/2 C organic coconut flour (I couldn’t find coconut flour so I used almond flour)
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cream of tarter
1/4 C walnut oil or coconut oil (I used coconut oil)
1/4 C agave nectar
6 eggs
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. sea salt (optional) (I’m not a salt fan, so I skipped this)
1 C fresh or frozen blueberries (I used frozen and it worked well)

Blend together oil, eggs, agave, and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tarter and salt, and mix together well, until there are no lumps. Fold in blueberries. Spay muffin tins and/or muffin tin liners with spray oil (to prevent sticking). Fill muffins tins about 3/4 full.

Bake in a 400 degree oven for 17-19 minutes. This easily made 12 muffins.

• I would use muffin tins (the foil ones) I used the paper ones and they started to stick to the muffin, even with spraying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment