Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Turkey Stuffed Tomatoes


This was very easy too make. The only thing that really took any time was gutting the tomatoes. I got this recipe from PaleoBlocks Blogspot.

Ingredients:

3 firm large tomatoes (I used 5 as you can see)
2 cups cooked ground turkey ( I just used a whole package of Jenny-O turkey and it filled 5 tomatoes just right. I used the taco seasoning turkey meat and it added a great favor)

(I double up on everything else below)
1/4 cup walnut oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 scallion, chopped
1 tsp parsley, chopped
1 tsp fresh basil, chopped
3/4 tsp thyme

Directions:

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Brown ground turkey meat. Cut a hole in the top of the tomatoes and scoop pulp out. Mix turkey meat with the rest of the ingredients. Stuff the tomatoes with the mixture. Bake in glass baking dish for 10-15 minutes.


See very easy to make. Pretty tasty as well.. Hard to eat though. I just end up cutting up the tomatoe and then scooping a little meat with each bite.

Enjoy!

1 comment: